Friday, February 18, 2011

Daily Assignment, "Write the script for a skit exploring the Persian Wars from the Persian point-of-view."

Characters:
Xerxes
Amjad (Xerxes’s Father)
Alma (Xerxes’s Mom)
Aref (Solider 1)
Amin (Solider 2)
Slave

Amjad: We shall set out by dawn tomorrow by sea.
Slave: To where my Lord.
Amjad: Athens, for their empire has grown to a threat.
Slave: Surely, we will win, for our empire is far more superior.
Amjad: Did I say you could speak, Go get me some food, slave.
Slave: Yes, right away sir.
Slave Exits and Xerxes’s Mom enters
Alma: Please be careful dear.
Amjad:  Have peace, we outnumber two fold.
Alma: Just promise me, you’ll be safe.
Amjad: I can assure you; we will win.
It has reached dawn and the Persian army sets forth to Marathon

Amjad: At last we are here; Marathon.
Aref: Surely, We cannot lose.
Amjad: We are the largest empire in the world; Athens is so small compared to us.
Aref: My Lord, here comes the Greeks.
Amjad: Ready soldiers; Attack!!
Amjad leads the army in front, and gets stabbed by the enemy
Aref: Lord, are you alright.
Amjad: No, just leave me and tell my wife I love her.
Amjad dies, and the Persian army retreats

Amjad:  My Lady, Our lord has died along with 6,000 others
Alma: What! This can’t be.
Amjad: I’m so sorry; he wanted me to tell you that He loves you.
Alma: That is enough; Let me have some privacy please.
The Slave enters
Slave: My lady, would you like anything.
Alma: No, just let me be.
Slave exits, and Xerxes enters
Xerxes: Mom, are you alright.
Alma: I have to tell you something.
Xerxes: Yes
Alma: Your father died at the battle of Marathon.
Xerxes: Curse those Greeks, I shall have revenge.
Two years pass, and Xerxes is trained to be a great leader and solider in combat.

Xerxes: Tomorrow, we set forth for Athens.
Aref: Your father would be so proud.
Xerxes: I shall revenge him, and conquer all of Greece.
Aref: This time we shall have five times the Athenian people.
Xerxes: We shall wipe the Athenians off the map.
Xerxes reaches Athens

Xerxes: Where are the cowards hiding? They shall be in shame.
Aref: What do you want us to do?
Xerxes: Raid the city and burn down the acropolis, and then we shall head out to conquer the rest of Greece. First we go to Salamis, and the rest of Greece.
Aref: Sounds like a brilliant plan.
Amin: Agreed.
Xerxes and his army head off to Salamis in their ships.

Aref: My lord, Greek ships.
Amin: They look like Athenian Triremes too.
Xerxes: They are Athenian ships. Persians, attack!
One day later
Aref: They look to strong.
Xerxes: I know, but we must give it our all.
After the Persians were trapped in the small area, they were destroyed and Amin returns to the Persian Empire.

Amin: My lady, you must here this.
Alma: Spit it out.
Amin: We were destroyed, only of few of us made it out.
Alma: What about Xerxes.
Amin: I’m truly sorry, but he drown.
Amin exits
Alma: Oh, why have the gods cursed. Now both my husband and my son are lost due to the Greeks.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment